Between hills and lowland in the heart of the Forez area, 5 km from Montbrison, Champdieu offers a rich and varied heritage testifying to over a thousand years of history. Its magnificent Benedictine priory has preserved its cloister and Romanesque church and cry
Between hillsides and plain, it grew under the protection of its priory high walls, and in the shadow of its church's two bell towers.
- Romanesque church with its crypt
- the convent's buildings, notably the refectory with it XVth century fresco
- Bise Gate and the interpretation centre for Romanesque art
- the old hospice (XVth century)
- a rich rural heritage (wash-house, vineyard lodge, bridge...)
- Play area
- Picnic area
- Public WC
- Exhibition space
- Car park
- Entertainments room
- Coach parking
- Pets welcome
- Educational visits
- Room hire
- Themed tour
- Equipment loan
- Tourist brochures
- Tour free of charge
- Guided tours
Free entry for children < 12 years.
All year round, daily.
You may also like
Baludik treasure hunt - Find the treasure stolen from the Champdieu priors
Bring your mobile phone to discover Champdieu in a fun way by following Coline and Capucine in a...
La Maison Vigneronne
Rental located in one of the 12 characterful villages of the Loire, at the foot of the Forez moun...